4-H CAMP OWAHTA REFUND POLICY
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable (a deposit cannot be applied to the balance of another week’s camp fees, nor transferred to another camper’s fee).
Before the start of camp
- If a doctor’s certificate is provided stating that the camper is unable to attend camp because of illness or injury, the camp fee, minus the deposit, will be refunded.
- A letter from a principal or other school official is required for campers who cancel out of a week because they have to attend summer school. The balance, minus the deposit, will be refunded.
- Refunds for the balance of the camp fee, less the deposit, are made ONLY for cancellations received in writing at least three weeks prior to the opening day of the camp session.
- A camper who does not arrive, arrives late, leaves early, or attends only part of the session will not receive a refund.
- If the camp nurse and the camp director decide that a camper should be sent home due to medical reasons, a refund for the balance of the camp period will be made on a prorated basis, minus deposit, computed as of noon each day.
- If a camper is experiencing a difficult adjustment to camp or is sent home because of a behavior problem or a pre-existing condition, no refund will be granted.
Join us for the 4-H Camp Owahta Open House this Sunday (6/9/13) from 1-4pm at camp to meet staff, walk the grounds and get a bite to eat. Come and see the facility and meet the new director, Travis Miller along with lots of returning and new staff. The address is 4826 Syrian Hill Rd., Solon , NY.
Great community events for our local 4th and 5th graders: Ag-Stravaganza (6/6 & 6/7) and McMahon's Dairy field trip (6/10 & 6/11). These are wonderful yearly events that embody hands-on and experiential learning for the youth of Cortland County.
4-H Camp Owahta Summer 2013 registration has begun! Our updated brochure with registration information is available in the office now. An electronic version is available now for download, please click here. Click here for our welcome back letter. Please call with any questions (607) 753-5077.
Participate in Cortland County's event for National Bike/Walk to Work Week May 13-17. Use your feet or your bike instead of your car for a healthier you and community too! Sign up with your friends today.... Please see our links for a flier and team sign-up here.
“Building Strong & Vibrant New York Communities”
Our Mission: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cortland County strives to enable people to improve their lives & communities through partnerships that put experience and research knowledge to work. The CCE system is a viable partnership between federal, state, and county governments; and is the educational outreach of Cornell University.
In 2009, CCE-Cortland was one of only six Associations in NYS to receive an Accreditation from CCE-Administration at Cornell University. To achieve this prestigious Accreditation, CCE-Cortland underwent on-site scrutiny from Cornell officials in all areas of operation, including but not limited to: plans of work, human resources, comprehensive affirmative action & diversity planning, financial protocols, Board of Director’s operations, and staff meeting documentation procedures. Additionally in 2009, CCE-Cortland was chosen to undergo a comprehensive fiscal review by CCE-Administration’s Compliance Review Manager. This review was very positive and cited “no findings”. This same result was corroborated by a Board-requested independent audit conducted by a locally respected firm.